- Amit Manjhi
- currently work at BoostKPI
- manjhi [AT] cs [DOT] cmu [DOT] edu
I defended in March 2008. My dissertation was on "Increasing the
Scalability of Dynamic Web Applications." My thesis advisors were:
Todd Mowry, and
I currently work at BoostKPI.
- Apr 2020 - Present. Co-founder & CEO BoostKPI BoostKPI detects and alerts on anomalies in business data. With root-causes. Faster, better, and cheaper. Learn how e-commerce unicorns and subscription businesses are leveraging BoostKPI.
- June 2018 - March 2020. Head of Exchange/Publisher Integrations at Wish.
Enabled our internal bidder to buy ads directly on exchanges and publishers via RTB. Scaled the ad request volumes across key geos. Scaled the bidder architecture to multi-region (to enable bidding on Google's exchange globally)
- May, 2011 - June, 2018. Co-founder & CTO TapSense.
Thanks to all customers, partners, colleagues, and investors for the
wonderful journey. Highlights: we built a scalable bidder for UA and
retargeting. Scaled annual gross revenue to double digit millions. TapSense was
acquired by Wish.
- Feb, 2008 - May, 2011. Software engineer at Google, where I worked on GWT,
Search, and AdWords. Received an OC award in 2010.
- Jan, 2007 - May, 2007. Co-founder Buxfer.
I am interested in management of distributed, dynamic
data. Specifically, I work on the S3 project. In the past, I have
worked on sensor
networks, distributed data
streams, and improving web performance in
- Ph.D. in Computer Science, CMU (Sept 2001 - March 2008, leave of
absence from Jan 2007 - May 2007 to start Buxfer)
- B. Tech. in Computer Science
and Engineering, IIT, Kanpur
(1997 to 2001)
- X1 & XII class, D.P.S., R.K. Puram, New Delhi, India (1995 to 1997)
- Upto class X (high school), Saint Joseph's School, Bhagalpur,
India (upto 1995)
- Program committee member, ICDE 2010.
- Reviewer for CIDR, PODS, SIGMOD, IEEE Transactions on Parallel and
Distributed Systems, and VLDB.
Holistic Query Transformations
for Dynamic Web Applications (with Charles Garrod, Bruce M. Maggs, Todd C. Mowry,
and Anthony Tomasic). Published in ICDE '09.
Increasing the Scalability of Dynamic Web
Applications, Ph.D. dissertation, CMU Tech Report CMU-CS-08-105.
- Scalable Query Result Caching for Web Applications (with Charles Garrod
and many others). Published in VLDB, 2008.
Invalidation Clues for
Database Scalability Services (with Phillip B. Gibbons,
Anastassia Ailamaki, Charles Garrod, Bruce M. Maggs, Todd C. Mowry,
Christopher Olston, Anthony Tomasic, and Haifeng Yu). Published in ICDE '07.
Simultaneous Scalability and Security for Data-Intensive Web Applications (with Anastassia Ailamaki, Bruce M. Maggs, Todd C. Mowry, Christopher Olston, and Anthony Tomasic).
Published in SIGMOD
- Tributaries and Deltas:
Efficient and Robust Aggregation in Sensor Network Streams
(with Suman Nath, and Phillip B. Gibbons). Published in SIGMOD '05.
A Scalability Service for
Dynamic Web Applications (with Christopher Olston, Charles
Garrod, Anastassia Ailamaki, Bruce M. Maggs, and Todd C. Mowry).
Published in CIDR '05.
Finding (Recently) Frequent Items in Distributed
Data Streams (with Vladislav Shkapenyuk, Kedar
Dhamdhere, and Christopher Olston). Published in ICDE '05.
- Improving Web
Performance in Broadcast-Unicast Networks (with Mukesh
Agrawal, Nikhil Bansal, and Srinivasan Seshan). Published in Infocom
- A Framework for Studying Economic Behavior of Agents (with
Dheeraj Sanghi). Published in CIT '01.
- Computer Architecture project,
Exploring Different L2 Cache Designs for Reducing Cache Misses,
Dec 2001, final report [ps]
- Advanced Operating systems project,
Making Big Programs Faster: Implementing a Compiler-based I/O Prefetching System for Linux,
final report [ps]
- Computer Networks project,
Anonymous Identity and Trust for Peer-to-Peer Networks, May 2002
final report [pdf]
- Databases project,
Large Graph Sampling and Visualization, May 2003,
final report [ps]
[Visiting from 188.8.131.52]
[Last modified: Wednesday, 22-Jun-2011 14:49:51 EDT by